MAKE IT MONDAY #223: CAMOUFLAGED POCKET INSERTS

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Hi there! After watching Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday video this week I was inspired to make my own card with a camouflaged pocked insert. I though it was such a fun idea! I skipped right over autumn with this card and jumped into Christmas. I thought Painted Poinsettias would be awesome to use for this technique and the season is quickly sneaking up on me. 


To start off I die cut all of the pieces and then stamped the poinsettias and their leaves. I dry embossed a background panel to adhere the pocket to. I wasn't able to pop the pocket up with foam tape because I didn't have enough room on the sides so I used 1/8 inch scor-tape. I was afraid it would be difficult to get the tag in and out of the pocket but I didn't have any trouble with it. 


After I decided the placement of the flowers and leaves, I stamped the sentiment on the tag and adhered the flowers and leaves. The smaller leaf is adhered to the pocket itself because I wanted to give dimension to the flowers and not the leaves. 

My Supplies:
Stamps: PTI Painted Poinsettias
Dies: PTI Painted Poinsettias, PTI Basic Bookmark 1, Sizzix Squares
Ink: PTI Pure Poppy, PTI Sweet Blush, PTI Scarlet Jewel, PTI Spring Moss, PTI Ripe Avocado, PTI Pinefeather
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White, PTI Pure Poppy, PTI Sweet Blush

Thank you so much for coming by! I hope you had a great weekend!




1 comment:

  1. This is stunning with the poinsettias! So glad you are getting a jump start on making your Christmas cards!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! I really appreciate them :)

 
site design by designer blogs