Merry Christmas to You

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Hi there! It is a little early for a Christmas card as I am not entering this card into a Christmas challenge but I got my PTI September release box in the mail the other day. I couldn't wait to break out my new goodies! I am participating in Freshly Made Sketches. I thought this week's sketch looked so fun!



I die cut most of the pieces first and did all of my stamping on the flag. It came together really quick but I had a little trouble figuring out what I wanted to do with the piece going across the top. At first, I just had a strip of red paper but that looked too plain. I started looking at my patterned paper and I liked the polka dots. I thought it might be too much to use the edger die on the bottom of it but I decided to go for it and I really like it. It adds that little something that was missing. 

My Supplies:
Stamps: PTI Deck the Halls
Dies: PTI Deck the Halls, PTI Edgers #3, MFT Die-namics Blueprint 13, MFT Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax
Ink: PTI Pure Poppy, PTI Scarlet Jewel, PTI Simply Chartreuse, PTI Ripe Avocado
Paper: PTI Pure Poppy, PTI 2008 Bitty Dot Basics, PTI Stamper's Select White

Thank you for coming by! 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas card! The scalloped edge is so pretty and works perfectly with your card. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wreath and the pretty scalloped topper, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is stunning! I love how the red 'pops' against all of that clean white. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful way to show off that wreath! I love the polka-dotted top - and all of the white space. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! I really appreciate them :)

 
site design by designer blogs