Butterflies With a Thank You

Friday, March 8, 2019

Hello there! Today I have a card that I made for this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge.


I made this card for my aunt because she does our taxes every year for free so I try to send her a card with a gift card. I started by cutting a piece of black card stock and a piece of patterned paper to the sizes I wanted. I stamped the three butterfly images onto some Bristol Smooth card stock, colored them with my Zig Clean Color markers and then die cut them. I stamped the sentiments onto a strip of black card stock and heat embossed them with white embossing powder. I then adhered everything to a white card base. The center butterfly and sentiment strips are popped up with foam tape.


My Supplies:

Stamps: Hero Arts New Day Butterflies
Dies: Hero Arts New Day Butterflies
Ink: Versamark, Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers in Carmine Red, Scarlet Red, Lemon Yellow, Yellow, May Green, Shadow Mauve, Light Blue, Cobalt Blue, Persian Blue, Light Violet and Dark Oatmeal
Paper: Strathmore Bristol Smooth, Papertrey Ink Stamper's Select White, Papertrey Ink True Black

Thank you for stopping by!



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! I love the bright colors of those fun butterflies against the black and white! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a delightful card! Those colorful butterflies look gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janelle, your butterflies are just gorgeous, and those polka dots-so sweet! I have had my eye on those stamps and you may have just pushed me into the 'buy' range! Fabulous take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! I really appreciate them :)

 
site design by designer blogs