Make It Monday #179: Emboss Resist Using Diecuts

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Hi there! I decided to try something new today. A couple of weeks ago I had bought some clear embossing powder, but I hadn't tried using it yet. When I saw this week's MIM I thought I have some clear embossing powder and my husband has a heat gun so why not give it a go. I probably need to get my own heat tool though as my husband's made my paper curl. 


I started out with a white card base and white piece of card stock to do my emboss resisting on. I actually made my own die cut sheet with the medium size flower from Ruby Rose because I don't have any of PTI's Impression Plates yet. I used my Silhouette Cameo to die cut the word thanks and die cut flowers and leaves from Ruby Rose. I embossed my background and used Spring Rain and Blueberry Sky inks to color around the flowers. I then adhered everything to the background and adhered it to my card front. I really like this technique and I can't wait to build my collection of embossing powders and experiment more! Thanks for coming by!

My Supplies:
Stamps: PTI Ruby Rose
Dies: PTI Ruby Rose
Paper: Recollections 110 lb white card stock, PTI Blueberry Sky, PTI Spring Rain, PTI New Leaf
Ink: PTI Blueberry Sky, PTI Spring Rain, PTI New Leaf


2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card and love how you made your own stencil using the flower for your resist background...great idea! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tones of blue on your pretty card! Great idea creating your own stencil. I must try that sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! I really appreciate them :)

 
site design by designer blogs