Hello Autumn

Monday, August 18, 2014

Hi there! In an effort to stay ahead this year I got out my autumn project box while crafting with my sister-in-law and niece last week. Autumn is my favorite season so I am very excited to share my cards with you today!



This first card started my obsession over the Paper Studios leaf embossing folder. I paired the orange embossed card stock and orange and white chevron paper together to create my background. On top of that I place a strip of burnt orange card stock. I die cut a piece of cream card stock and stamped a pumpkin and the sentiment.


I loved making this card even though it's pretty simple. The cool thing about it is that my sister-in-law pointed out to me that I stamped two pumpkins and the sentiments says "When I count my blessings I count you twice". I wasn't thinking about that, and I love when things work out that way.


This card continued my obsession with the leaf embossing folder as I used it on the red card stock I used for the background. For a layered effect I cut a piece of kraft card stock a little bit wider than the leaf patterned paper. Atop that I die cut a scalloped circle in burnt orange and stamped a border and sentiment on a cream circle. 


This card is a bit different than many of my other cards but I think it came out cute. The background is kraft card stock with autumn plaid paper on top and orange paper that I punched leaves out of on the bottom. I adhered some of the punched out leaves and acorns to the plaid paper. I stamped the sentiment in orange ink onto cream card stock and rounded the corners. I adhered that to the plaid background and added an orange glitter strip to finish my card. 


This card is one of my favorites that I have ever done. I did a layered background with a piece of orange plaid paper over orange card stock. A leaf embossed piece of orange card stock over a piece of burnt orange card stock creates a second layer on the left side of the card. I stamped Happy Thanksgiving on a strip of cream card stock and adhered an orange gem on either side of the sentiment. 

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed looking at my cards as much I loved making them!

My Supplies:
Stamps: PTI Fall Elegance, PTI Tag-Its #7, Inkadinkadoo So Thankful For You
Dies: PTI Fillable Frames #11, Sizzix scalloped circle
Paper: Paper Studio cream, orange, and burnt orange card stock, PTI Autumn Abundance Patterned Paper
Ink: Memento Dew Drops: Tangelo, Potter's Clay, Rhubarb Stock, Rich Cocoa



2 comments:

  1. These are delightful Jenelle. Love the leaf embossing folder. It's the perfect scale for the pumpkins in fall elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your fall cards are beautiful, but I especially like the one with the two stamped pumpkins. It is so simple, yet elegant. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! I really appreciate them :)

 
site design by designer blogs