Sharing Kindness with Water Coloring & No Stamping

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Hi there! I made a card with three different challenges in mind. The first is this week's PTI Make It Monday using cover plates to water color, the second is this week's CCCB challenge Dye It with no stamping (this was very hard for me), and Jennifer McGuire's Share Handmade Kindness Challenge Week 2: Community.


I started out by water coloring a white panel using a die cut from PTI's Vertical Chevron Cover Plate with Aqua Mist Ink. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it so I checked out some other challenges and decided I would make a thank you card for my mail lady. She's pretty awesome and super sweet the times I have gotten to speak to her. I also decided to step out of my comfort zone and do this week's City Crafter Challenge. I usually always stamp something whether it be just part of a sentiment or the main focal point of my card. I wanted so badly to stamp a second part of the sentiment underneath it on the vellum. With all of this in mind, I went for a layered look and cut two panels that I offset behind the water color panel after I trimmed it down. I cut a piece of vellum and die cut the "thanks" sentiment and adhered them to the water color panel. I, then, adhered everything to the card front and added a few sequins. 

My Supplies:
Dies: PTI Vertical Chevron Cover Plate, PTI Wet Paint
Ink: PTI Aqua Mist
Paper: PTI Smokey Shadow, PTI Sheer Basics Vellum Patterned Paper, PTI Stamper's Select White

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you have an awesome weekend!


7 comments:

  1. I think you rocked all the challenges Jenelle! Your water coloring adds that bright pop of color, and your bold thanks says it all! I struggled with the CCCB one too...it's so hard to not stamp anything!! You managed to do it all though and your mail lady is going to be thrilled to know that someone appreciates what she does...way to go girl!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on combining all three challenges! I like how the vellum sort of pulls everything together and gives your card a softer look. I'm sure the mail lady will appreciate your thoughtful thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you've used black with the light aqua colour - I would have thought it would dominate it, but in fact it gives it presence. Well done for rising to the challenge with this beautiful card. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter. Marina DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a place in my heart for chevron patterns and your watercoloring is gorgeous. I lvoe the contrast with your die cut sentiment. It seems as it pops off the card. Fab modern design! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice card Jenelle...love your colour combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! I really appreciate them :)

 
site design by designer blogs