CCCB - Washi Tape

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Hi there! Today I made a card for the City Crafter Challenge Blog. It's my first time participating in this challenge and it's also the first time I am using washi tape on a card. I don't have very much washi tape. It's not something I really got into because I wasn't sure how to use it so I had limited supplies for this card but I thought it would be fun to try something new.


For my card, I began with making a washi background with two rolls I thought would look pretty together. I experimented with stamping the butterflies and eventually decided that I didn't have any ink colors that went with the bright green washi tape. After deciding that wasn't going to work, I thought about doing a vellum overlay. I found some card stock that matched the green and adhered the butterfly together. I added my sentiment at the bottom of my card. Thank you for coming by!

My Supplies:
Stamps: PTI Beautiful Butterflies
Dies: Beautiful Butterflies
Ink: PTI True Black


14 comments:

  1. Very cute card, Jenelle! I love how the dots on the vellum coordinate with those on the washi tape. And the bright green is such a vibrant spring color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done , thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely get an A+ for your first time ever using Washi tape on a card, Jenelle! This design is stunning! The way you constructed those sweet butterflies was perfect for the fun tape you used! Are you hooked now? It really does jazz up a card with minimal effort. Thank you so much for playing along at City Crafter's! I hope you will be back again many time in future challenges!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, Jenelle! Love, how you played with polka dot and stripes, and repeated polka dot on butterflies' wings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Jenelle, this is just super cute, love the dimension and design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful butterflies and great way to use the washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely fabulous!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! I love how you layered vellum and card stock together to create the butterflies. What a soft look it makes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty card this is! Thank you for joining us at CCCB this week!!
    Samra DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. It;s good so see you at CCCB; welcome! You did a fab job with our challenge. And although you are not knee deep into washi tape:) you created a great background (never have thought of this; thanks!) Your card turned out lovely. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Jennelle. So lovely to meet a new friend. Saw your introduction over at Darnell's, and popped over to enjoy this wonderfully bright CAS butterfly card. Love your design and the way you've popped that sweet butterfly over the pretty washi! Just became your newest follower (we all like to help build up blog following!), and I hope you'll find time to come visit me if you can. Looking forward to getting to know you and enjoy your card skills. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jennelle, Thanks for joining as a follower. Gave you a shout-out on my post today, so hope you'll get some visitors and perhaps more new followers to build your lovely blog! Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Popping back to congratulate on being a Spotlight Artist at CCCB, Jenelle!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. Popping back to congratulate on being a Spotlight Artist at CCCB, Jenelle!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! I really appreciate them :)

 
site design by designer blogs